Welcome back! As a returning student, you have already attended South Louisiana Community College or Acadiana Technical College after leaving high school. Even if you have attended another college since leaving SLCC or ATC, you are still considered a returning student. Returning students only need to re-apply if they have missed a Fall or Spring semester. Print out the Steps to Enroll to keep track of what you need to do throughout the enrollment process.
We are currently accepting applications for the following semester(s):
- Summer 2018 - We are no longer accepting new applications for Summer 2018. Existing applications continue to be processed.
- Fall 2018 - We will start sending admission information on November 6th, 2017. Registration begins March 26th, 2018.
The SLCC application is designed to be completed online. You will be asked to create a Login ID and PIN, so you can complete your application later if needed. Please be sure to store this information in a safe and memorable place. We will be sending emails to update you on the status of your application and to provide information about getting registered for classes. For this reason, it is important that you provide an email address on your application that you will check often. If you need assistance at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions staff at 337.521.9622. It is our pleasure to guide you through the admissions process.
Here is the returning student checklist:
- Choose your major (and know when the program starts)
- Complete the online application
- Login to LoLA (SLCC Student Information Portal)
- Submit any admission requirements
- To apply for Financial Aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit placement information, if necessary
- Attend a Student Success Live group advising and registration session
- Pay for classes