If you have attended another college(s) since leaving high school and this will be your first time attending SLCC, then you will apply as a transfer students. Print out the Steps to Enroll to keep track of what you need to do throughout the admissions process.
We are currently accepting applications for the following semester(s):
- Spring 2018 - Registration begins October 16, 2017 and classes begin January 8th, 2018.
- Summer 2018 - We will start sending admission information on November 6th, 2017. Registration begins March 26th, 2018.
- Fall 2018 - We will start sending admission information on November 6th, 2017. Registration begins March 26th, 2018.
The SLCC application is designed to be completed online. You will be asked to create a Login ID and PIN, so you can complete your application later if needed. Please be sure to store this information in a safe and memorable place. We will be sending emails to update you on the status of your application and to provide information about getting registered for classes. For this reason, it is important that you provide an email address on your application that you will check often. If you need assistance at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions staff at 337.521.9622. It is our pleasure to guide you through the admissions process.
Here is your transfer application checklist:
- Choose your major (and know when the program starts)
- Complete the online application
- Login to LoLA (SLCC Student Information Portal)
- Submit any admission requirements
- To apply for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit placement information, if necessary
- Attend a Student Success Live group advising and registration session
- Pay for classes