Students who are pursuing a degree at another college, but who will be taking classes at South Louisiana Community College for one semester should apply as visiting students.
Visiting students are not eligible for Financial Aid. Credits earned at SLCC should be transferred back to your home institution when you have completed the term. It is the responsibility of the student to verify that the home institution will accept credits for the courses taken at SLCC.
We are currently accepting applications for the following semester(s):
- Summer 2018 - We are no longer accepting new applications for Summer 2018. Existing applications continue to be processed.
- Fall 2018 - We will start sending admission information on November 6th, 2017. Registration begins March 26th, 2018.
The SLCC application is designed to be completed online. You will be asked to create a Login ID and PIN, so you can complete your application later if needed. Please be sure to store this information in a safe and memorable place. We will be sending emails to update you on the status of your application and to provide information about getting registered for classes. For this reason, it is important that you provide an email address on your application that you will check often. If you need assistance at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions staff at 337.521.9622. It is our pleasure to guide you through the admissions process.
Here is visiting student checklist:
- Complete the online application
- Login to LoLA (SLCC Student Information Portal)
- Submit any admission requirements
- Submit placement information, if necessary
- Register online for classes
- Pay for classes