We know that excellence across our campuses starts with each of us and it's time to recognize those employees making SLCC the best place to work, learn, and succeed! Welcome to It Starts with Me Reward and Recognition, our peer-nominated award and recognition program. A key component of creating an engaged workforce is recognizing excellence and promoting colleague collaboration. This award program is designed to allow employees to nominate one another for recognition in the categories of Rising Star, Improving Our Workplace, Distinguished Achiever, and Chancellor's Outstanding Award. In addition, the program includes Service Awards, and Retiree Recognition.
The success of this program depends on YOU! Take time to complete the short online nomination form for each category. Take this opportunity to recognize the high performance and achievement of those you work with each day. Winners will be selected by a committee that reflects a cross-section of SLCC employees.
Criteria: This award recognizes performance occurring between April 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017. The award is to recognize the contributions of a new faculty and staff member with two years or less of employment with SLCC. Those placing nominations for this award must be able to explain how the nominee does has demonstrated the following:
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and contributions to quality improvement within their department
- Goes beyond expectations by enhancing internal/external customer service experiences
- Creative problem solver that changes physical or attitudinal barriers beyond the score of his or her job to improve service
Criteria: This award recognizes performance occurring between April 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017. The award is to recognize individuals or a team whose efforts demonstrate three of the following four components in striving towards goals set forth in our strategic plan and served as a positive change agent the resulted in improved work processes and increased efficiency. Those placing nominations must be able to explain how the nominee has demonstrated
- Measurable results
- Sustaining impact
Examples of nominated efforts: Cost-savings, customer service initiatives, development, preservation or dissemination of knowledge that enhanced the student or employee experience, process improvements, which affected students or employees positively or enhanced safety.
Criteria: The award recognizes performance from April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017. This award recognizes an employee who possess strong commitment to SLCC and the College vision. Those that nominate must be able to explain how the nominee has demonstrated the following:
- Extraordinary work performance
- Regularly exhibit a willingness to help others
- Exhibit an unusually strong commitment, dependability and reliability in their work
- Demonstrate a strong ability to problem solve and effectively manage change
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal and external customers of the college.
Criteria: The award recognizes performance from April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017. The award is to recognize an employee who made exemplary contributions that align with the SLCC’s strategic goals, mission and vision and embraces the “It Starts with Me” culture. Those that nominate must be able to explain how the nominee has demonstrated the following:
- Leadership Development: Developing leadership skills in either staff or students that help them realize leadership is not dependent on a position but a collaboration with others around a shared vision and mission and acting upon it. Exhibits professional growth in their position.
- Values: Helping staff or students develop an understanding of the College’s core values and using those values as a guide in decision-making. Employing skill, grace, balanced judgment.
- Engagement: Engaging staff or students in and outside of the college to encourage them to take initiative and act effectively and ethically by making principled decisions and taking responsibility for them.
As a symbol of appreciation for service, the college has implemented a Service Recognition Award. Recognition gifts will be awarded to employees beginning at the five years of cumulative regular service mark and every five-year milestone through 35 years and beyond.
In an effort to recognize loyal employee’s commitment and contributions to South Louisiana Community College retirees from April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017 will be recognized and presented a token of appreciation for their service.