SLCC is a comprehensive community college with an open admission policy as established by the Louisiana Legislature and approved by the Board of Regents. All students applying to South Louisiana Community College must submit an Application for Admission which can be completed online.
In order to be eligible for Financial Aid, students must have completed high school or earned an equivalency (GED or HiSET).
If you have previously applied at SLCC, and already submitted the required documents, we still have them on file.
Documents can be submitted in one of the following ways:
- email to email@example.com, include full name and date of birth or Student ID number
- fax to 337.521.8052, include cover sheet with full name and date of birth or Student ID number
- mail to Admissions Office, 1101 Bertrand Drive, Lafayette, LA 70506, include full name date of birth or Student ID number
- Updated Immunization Records (required by Louisiana Law). Students born after 1956 must provide proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, and tetanus-diphtheria as a condition of enrollment. A copy of the "shot" records furnished by a clinic or health care provider is satisfactory.
Students may claim exemption from the requirement for medical, personal, or religious reasons by completing a waiver statement. Students are able to electronically sign a waiver statement when completing the online application.
A print version of the Immunization Form and Waiver Statement are available HERE.
- Proof of registration with Selective Service, if applicable. Acceptable documents include a copy of the applicant's Selective Service registration card or a printout from the Selective Service website indicating the applicant's registration status.
NOTE: Some programs have competitive enrollment and/or additional admission requirements. Click on these links for more information about our special admissions programs:
In addition to the admission requirements listed above, International Students must also provide the following:
- copy of high school transcript translated into English
- official TOEFL or IELTS score report
- copy of passport
- copy of Visa (if applicable)
- copy of the most recent I-20 (if applicable)
- I-20 Transfer Form from past schools (if applicable)
After all requirements have been submitted, international applicants must make an appointment with our International Student Admissions Advisor by calling 337.521.9622.