We proudly serve our active duty and veteran military students as they pursue a college education. Let us help navigate the resources you’ve earned.
If you are a new VA student, we’ve developed a checklist to help with understanding your benefits.
SLCC participates in the following veteran education benefits programs:
- Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- The Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Ch 35)k
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program
- Veteran’s Vocational Rehabilitation Program
To apply for Veteran Education Benefits with SLCC, you will need to complete BOTH of the following applications.
- Apply for VA Benefits If you have not yet applied on VONAPP, click above. If you have already received your Certificate of Eligibility, attach it to your SLCC VA Online Application.
- Request to Certify Enrollment All Veterans and Active Duty Military must complete this form at the beginning of their first term and submit it, along with the Certificate of Eligibility to the Financial Aid Office. VA Benefits will be certified once classes are scheduled.
We are here to help. You can email your SLCC certifying official.
Should you need to change the status of your enrollment or a change in your tuition and fees assessment, you can simply fill out this Enrollment Change form and submit it to Financial Aid.
Below are additional veterans education benefits resources that may be helpful.
For comprehensive information regarding Veteran Education Benefits, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.