Are you a new student?
Here are requirements for our new freshmen application:
- Complete and submit admissions application
- Submit official transcripts (high school, HiSet, and/or college)
- If student is currently attending a Louisiana high school or has graduated from a Louisiana high school within the last 10 years and hasn't earned any college credit, the student will not need to complete this step.
- If the student has graduated from a Louisiana high school over 10 years ago or from an out-of-state high school, they will need to request an official transcript be sent to SLCC, with conferral date listed on the official transcript.
- If the student has earned a HiSet, they will need to request an official HiSet transcript.
- Submit official standardized test scores
- We accept ACT, SAT or COMPASS Exam Scores
- Submit immunization records
Are you returning to SLCC after being out a while?
Here's what you need to know about the application process:
- Returning students who have missed a fall or spring semester must complete a new application.
- If you earned any college credit since last attending SLCC, you will need to request an official transcript of those credits be sent to the SLCC Admissions Office.
Are you an international student?
These are the application steps you need to know:
- Complete and submit admissions application.
- Submit official transcript from any previous high school or college coursework.
- Submit certified, English language, translation of any transcript submitted.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS score report.
- Submit copy of passport.
- Submit copy of Visa (if applicable).
- Submit copy of any previous I-20 (if applicable).
- Submit I-20 Transfer Form from past schools (if applicable).
- Submit Immunization Records
- Once the above items have been received and processed into the student file, the student may schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor.