Always been interested in hair and makeup? Our Cosmetology program may be for you. Our students are prepared for employment in various cosmetology-related areas and earn a technical diploma. They learn fundamental concepts, knowledge, and practical techniques and skills of cosmetology.
Students work in an on-site salon, which is equipped and managed according to industry standards by the students with instructor supervision. The program is approved by the Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology and meets the 1500-hour requirement. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to take the Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology licensure exam.
All graduates of the Cosmetology program can:
- Comprehend and apply information relevant to their roles as a cosmetologist;
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in all skills necessary to be a cosmetologist; and
- Demonstrate personal behavior consistent with professional and employer expectations for cosmetologists.
Here's a few facts about the industry –
- Employment of cosmetologists is projected to grow 10 percent from 2014 to 2024.
- The median annual salary for cosmetologists is $23,710.
- The median hourly wage for cosmetologists is $11.40.