National EMS Academy Certifications
• 184 classroom hours
• 24 clinical hours
• Assists EMT-Paramedic level personnel with advanced patient care on-scene.
• Performs CPR, checks vital signs, and immobilizes and splints fractures.
• Eligible to work on an ambulance after successful completion of the National Registry exam.
• Average starting salary $28,000 - $30,000
• Technical Competency Area (TCA)
• 580 Classroom hours
• 480 field experience hours
• Performs advanced cardiac life support procedures like: administer drug therapy, performs defibrillation, advanced airway procedures, and interprets EKG readings.
• Supervises subordinate medical care providers.
• Works closely with emergency physicians and nurses.
• Average starting salary $35,000 - $40,000.
• Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)