SLCC is home to over 20 Student Groups and Organizations (SGO) that cover a wide range of interests, including academics, religion, recreation, politics, and service. If you decide to join an SGO, you may enjoy being a member who attends the meetings and participates in activities, or you may decide to take a leadership role and become an officer. Below you will find information about each SGO currently housed in the Office of Student Engagement at SLCC.
Student Activities Board
The Student Activities Board is a branch of Student Government that sponsors and co-sponsors social and cultural activities for the student body. The Student Activities Board consists of representatives from the student body. Membership in any campus SAB is open to all students who want to participate in the planning and/or implementation of campus-specific events.
- Acadian Campus Student Activities Board
- CB Coriel Campus Student Activities Board
- Evangeline Campus Student Activities Board
- Franklin Campus Student Activities Board
- Gulf Area Campus Student Activities Board
- Lafayette Campus Student Activities Board
- New Iberia Campus Student Activities Board
- TH Harris Campus Student Activities Board
SGO Leadership and Advisor Training
The Office of Student Engagement will be hosting its 2nd Annual Student Group and Organization (SGO) Leadership and Advisor Training at the end of this summer. This is a time when our office brings together all SGO leaders and advisors to review the newest edition of the SGO Handbook while providing essential leadership training to help each team work together more seamlessly throughout the year.
- SGO Leadership Training: July 31, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- SGO Advisor Training: July 31, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm