Students assume full responsibility for awareness and completion of all procedural requirements for graduation. The following procedures and conditions apply to all students seeking to graduate from SLCC:
- A candidate for a degree is required to file a formal graduation application in his/her final semester or session of enrollment with the Registrar’s Office prior to the deadline listed in the Academic Calendar. This form and other associated documents are available from the Registrar’s Office.
- A student is expected to be enrolled at SLCC when applying for graduation. Students who apply for degrees after leaving school must have completed course requirements for graduation. Students who apply for degrees after leaving SLCC will be required to have completed all the degree requirements of the program in the Catalog in which they commenced if continuous or of the Catalog of the last semester of attendance at SLCC. They will however be awarded the degree that is in effect at the time of their application.
- A student may apply for graduation only if the student has completed all graduation requirements of the program in the Catalog in which they commenced if continuous or of the Catalog of the last semester of attendance at SLCC by completing the application.
- Each student participating in the graduation ceremony is responsible for completing an order for cap and gown by the deadline stated in the graduation notification letter and/or email.
- A student is expected to fulfill all other obligations and regulations including financial obligations to the College. Students should contact the office of Student Financial Assistance and/or Student Accounts for details.
- A student may not graduate from SLCC while on academic probation or suspension.
- A student is not permitted to participate in commencement ceremonies until all academic and procedural graduation requirements have been met.