As a military friendly institution, South Louisiana Community College, has implemented the following procedures to insure that students shall not be penalized academically or financially due to military obligation.
The following steps should be followed by affected students in response to mobilization/activation prior to or during the current semester/term, including submitting the Uniformed Service Mobilization Activation Form.
STEP 1 - Student must present an official copy of military orders indicated their mobilization or activation to the Dean of their program. If student has already been deployed, this information may be submitted by his/her parent, guardian, or spouse.
STEP 2 - Dean will inform the student or his representative of the action to be taken depending on which method of withdrawal or temporary cessation of studies the student chooses, determined by the date of notification and activation. These options are as follows:
- During the Add/Drop period of a regular semester, the student may opt for a complete withdrawal from the college. Students will receive a 100% refund of tuition and refundable fees. No record of the course will appear on the student’s transcript.
- Beginning the day immediately following Add/Drop, until the last day to withdraw with a “W”, the student will receive a “W” grade for all classes. Tuition and refundable fees will be refunded at 100%.
- During the period following the last day to withdraw with a “W” and two weeks prior to the end of a regular semester, the student may:
- Choose to take a “W” in all classes and receive a full refund of tuition and refundable fees; or
- Request an Incomplete (“I”) grade for some or all of the classes and receive a refund for only the prorated amount of tuition and refundable fees for the courses in which a “W” has been received.
- During the last week of a regular semester, the student may:
- Choose option C; or
- Request a final grade based on the work that was completed prior to the mobilization/activation; or
- Request to take an early final examination to determine final grade in the course
STEP 3 - Once choice is made by student, appropriate forms will be completed and adjustments made to the student’s record by the Registrar’s Office.