The Federal Work Study (FWS) program provides students with an opportunity to earn funds while learning new skills that will help after graduation. FWS student employees must be enrolled in at least six credits for any term in which they work. Students will be notified by email from the Financial Aid Office if they are eligible to participate, based on the amount of remaining financial need the student has after deducting all gift aid (Pell, Scholarships, TOPS, GO Grants) from their specific cost of attendance.
If you are notified that you are eligible to participate in the FWS program, please follow these steps to ensure the best experience in applying for and obtaining employment.
Step 1: Complete the Online Employment Application for Federal Work Study at https://careers.solacc.edu/postings/509.
Step 2: Select a department or departments in which you have an interest, and contact the hiring supervisor for that department to express your interest. It is the discretion of the supervisor as to whether or not an interview will be scheduled.
Step 3: If you are selected for an interview, you must print out the email you received from Financial Aid, and take it with you to your interview. This email is your preliminary authorization to participate in the Federal Work Study program.
Step 4: If you are offered a position as a student employee, the hiring supervisor will complete his/her section of the authorization email and forward it to the Human Resources office.
Step 5: A member of the Human Resources team will contact you to complete additional paperwork, including a Background Check authorization and Student Employee Responsibilities Notification.
Once each of these steps has been completed, you will contacted by your new supervisor to discuss your schedule and assign your specific responsibilities.
These campuses and departments are hiring student workers. Each of these campuses, for instance, has a position available for a general student employee to assist with various clerical duties.
- Acadian Campus – Crowley, LA: Shelia Charles, (337) 788-7521
- CB Coreil Campus – Ville Platte, LA: Carleen Jones, (337) 363-2197
- TH Harris Campus – Opelousas, LA: Erika Milton,
- Evangeline Campus – St. Martinville, LA: Solomon Tention,
- New Iberia Campus – New Iberia, LA: Nicole Lopez, (337) 373-0165
- Gulf Area Campus – Abbeville, LA: Langston Faulk,
- Admissions Office: (337) 521-8896
- Career and Transfer Services: Krystal Martin, (337) 521-8896
- Early College Academy: Anne Castille,
- Financial Aid Office: Kelly Knight, (337) 521-8934
- Information Technology
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Research
- Material Supply
- Registrar’s Office: Twana Benoit, (337) 521-9029
- Student Accounts: Cyndi Gaudin: (337) 521-8900
- Student Success Center: Krystal Martin, (337) 521-6983
- Student/Alumni Engagement: Solomon Tention, (337) 521-6985
- Workforce Development