The Student Leadership & Development component within the Office of Student Engagement offers co-curricular programs and educational modules designed to assist students in developing leadership, social, emotional, and intercultural competencies.
- Student Leadership Workshops
- One Word Project
- Strengthquest Workshop
- Mental Health Awareness Week
- Wellness Wednesdays
- Student Philanthropy Week
- Student Engagement Student Assistant Program
- University of Houston- Clear Lake- " Creating Waves of Change" Student Leadership Conference - November 5th, 2016
- Sam Houston State University-Diversity Leadership Conference - February 10th-11th, 2017
- Who's Who Scholarship
Mobile Classroom Experience
Each semester, the “Mobile Classroom Experience” provides students with opportunities to visit cities various across the country, combining educational, cultural, and service learning project components. SLCC faculty and staff also serve as moderator, and provide students with opportunities to engage in “student success” break- out sessions that focus on enhancing student leadership and development competencies......For more information on these student engagement activities, please contact the Student Engagement Office.
Upcoming Mobile Classroom Dates!!
Fall 2016- October 21st-October 23rd- Austin, TX
Spring 2017 - April 28th-April 30th- Atlanta, GA
For More Information Contact:
Director of Student Engagement