The Student Government Association supports the mission of the college and is composed of elected representatives from the student body. Collectively, they are the voice of the students and promote student life that enhances the intellectual, physical, social, and cultural atmosphere of SLCC. This is done by providing vital co-curricular activities that also enhances individual student development.
The Student Government Association's (SGA) Purpose is to:
- To enhance student life
- To provide for the students of this institution with a representative body that will hear and appropriately act on legitimate concerns expressed by the student
- To facilitate and foster greater understanding between the students, faculty, and administration
- To provide effective leadership for the student body through community involvement
- To ensure equal representation for students
- Provide a better social, cultural, and educational life on campus
- Promote the high standards of education offered at South Louisiana Community College
Benefits of Serving on the SGA:
- Participate in leadership trainings
- Express your voice in college decisions
- Provide services to fellow students
- Leave your mark by assisting in the planning and implementation of many SLCC traditions and activities
- Welcome Back Week
- Fall & Spring Fest
- Annual College-Wide "Christmas Tree Lightning"
- SGA Special Event Series
- Summer Programming Series
- International Student Advisory Council
- Early College Academy (ECA) Student Advisory Council
- President's Council
How can we help you?
Leave us a suggestion! You can even leave your email address so we can follow up with you on the progress of your suggestion!
Student Government Association Advisor