The mission of the Office of Student Engagement is to design and implement comprehensive programs that enhance the overall educational experiences of students through the development of, exposure to, and participation in social, cultural, multicultural, intellectual, community service, leadership abilities and campus governance involvement.
The office delivers comprehensive programs and services designed to meet the co-curricular needs of our diverse student population. We strive for excellence in the delivery of high quality programming, leadership activities, and effective resource management.
- Provide collaborative opportunities for students to connect and enrich their curricular experiences via co-curricular applications across the college and within their communities.
- Assist the college in student success efforts geared towards SLCC students
- Advance student development and leadership capacity
- Support students in pursuit of their passions
- Enhance creative competence and campus spirit.
- Increase the overall sense of a welcoming community at SLCC
Student Learning Outcomes:
As a result of participating in programs and activities sponsored by the Office of Student Engagement, students will be able to:
- Acknowledge the connection between their classroom learning and real life experiences.
- Explain how relationships built through involvement contribute to self-understanding.
- Describe how their involvement clarifies their values regarding inclusiveness, integrity, leadership, service, and collaboration.
- Articulate how their engagement affects their overall educational experience.
- Participate in co-curricular experiences that will increase their ability to persist and progress towards college completion.
- Apply critical thinking and ethical leadership principles
In a shared governance system, faculty, professional staff, administration, governing boards, and students participate in the development of policies and in decision making that affects the institution. The Office of Student Engagement practices shared governance by appointing student leaders to serve on institutional committees to include:
- Chancellor's Cabinet
- Title IX Steering Committee
- Judicial Hearing Board
- Academic Standards Committee
- Curriculum Committee
Student affairs related assessments involve a process of planning, systematic data collection, analysis, evaluation and action, which may include gathering evidence to enhance co-curricula involvement and the overall student experience. The Office of Student Engagement oversees and coordinates the administration of assessments to include the Noel Levitz Student Satisfaction Survey and the OSE Student Experience Survey. Please see results below:
Noel Levitz Student Satisfaction Survey
OSE Student Experience Survey