New Student Orientation (NSO) Peer Leaders provide assistance to incoming students while supporting South Louisiana Community College’s mission. NSO Peer Leaders provide leadership, mentoring, and guidance to their incoming peers and their families during orientation events before both the Fall and Spring semesters. Peer Leaders have the opportunity to present “Student Perspectives: The SLCC Experience”, host Q&A sessions at each orientation session, promote student involvement and engagement, are available to answer general questions, and so much more!!
Primary Duties for NSO Peer Leaders
- Participate in required training sessions prior to orientation sessions.
- Assist in implementation of all orientation sessions for first year students.
- Represent South Louisiana Community College in a positive manner, promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment for new students and guests.
- Share information with students and guests regarding college policies, procedures, course registration, academics expectations, campus life and services.
- Staff all aspects of orientation programs, including check-in, presentations, peer advising, orientation socials, and other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Currently enrolled South Louisiana Community College student who has successfully completed between 15 and 30 credit hours.
- Positive attitude regarding the college and motivation to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Strong communication and group facilitation skills.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Attend a minimum of (1) NSO peer leader training sessions. Sessions will last approximately 30 min.
- Peer leaders have the option of attending a maximum of (2) orientation sessions.
Interested in becoming a NSO Peer Leader??
Please complete the application form here…
Campus NSO Peer Leader Opportunities:
CB Coreil Campus
Gulf Area Campus
New Iberia Campus
TH Harris Campus
For More Information Contact:
Director of Student Engagement