South Louisiana Community College


Frequently Asked Questions

What are the services provided by the Student Success Center?

  • Academic Advising
  • Disability Services
  • Early Alert
  • Testing
  • Tutoring

How do students schedule an appointment for tutoring?

  • Go to www.solacc.edu/students/tutoring.
  • Click “Make an Appointment” located on the left side of the page.
  • Select Math or English to schedule an appointment time.
  • Complete registration then log into your student email account to confirm the appointment.

What is Early Alert and how can faculty submit an Early Alert?

Early Alert is a retention initiative designed to identify students experiencing academic difficulties in the classroom. Faculty should utilize this tool for students who are experiencing difficulties such as: excessive absences, missed assignments, poor test grades, learning difficulties, etc. To access Early Alert, go to http://solacc.edu/students/student-success-center/early-alert-form.

Which students are advised in the Student Success Center?

  • New Students-First-time freshman who have never attended college
  • Transfer Students-Students who have previously attended other colleges and universities
  • Returning Students-Students who have attended SLCC in the past and are re-enrolling
  • Visiting Students-Students currently enrolled  at another college or university

*Continuing students must meet with their assigned faculty advisor to be advised.

What are some of the accommodations provided by Disability Services?

  • Extended time (time and a half)
  • Consideration for absences
  • Permission to record lectures
  • Distraction reduced testing
  • Volunteer note-taker
  • Other

Contact Disability Services for more information.

How can students apply for accommodations?

  • Request services by submitting required documentation from a health care provider (physician, psychologist, mental health professional, etc.)
  • Complete the intake application.
  • Visit the Student Success Center-Lafayette Campus (Ardoin Building Room 403);
  • Email the ADA Counselor at ada@solacc.edu; or
  • Call (337) 521-6915.

How does a student receive accommodations?

  • Provide a copy of your course schedule during the first week of the semester.
  • Receive accommodation letter(s) from the ADA Counselor.
  • Submit an accommodation letter to each instructor.
  • Request accommodation each semester.



Frequently Asked Questions


Where can I find out about Career and Transfer Services events and activities?

An up-to-date calendar of events can be found on the SLCC website.  Events are announced on the SLCC Facebook page, the Career and Transfer Services quarterly newsletter, and the campus monitors.

What workshops or presentations does Career and Transfer Services offer and how can faculty and student organizations request a presenter?

Career and Transfer Services offers a variety of workshops and presentations to help prepare students to enter the workforce or transition to a 4-year institution.  To view a list of workshop topics and to download presentation request form go to http://solacc.edu/career-success/career-and-transfer-services.

What is the Career and Transfer Services online job board and how do I access it?

The online job board is a job posting site featuring part-time and full-time employment opportunities.  To access the job board, go to www.solacc.edu and click on Career Success or click here.