What is the Louisiana State Board for Contractors?
The Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors (LSLBC) was created in 1956 by Act 233 of the Legislature (La. R.S. 37:2150-2192). The mission and purpose of this agency is the protection of the general public from incompetent and fraudulent acts of a contractor while promoting the integrity of the construction industry. The State Licensing Board for Contractors consists of fifteen (15) Commercial members appointed by the Governor representing all segments of the contracting industry, and five (5) Residential Subcommittee members.
What You Need to Know:
- LA Contractors Association are timed tests.
- Request for special accommodations for testing must be submitted to Disability Services two weeks prior to testing.
- You need to arrive 15 minutes prior to the exam.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, it is the Testing Center’s discretion to allow you to test.
What You Need to Bring:
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Your ticket from the Louisiana Contractors Association for the selected exam.
Scheduling a Louisiana Contractors Association exam:
- Schedule here
- Choose a group
- Choose your exam
- Choose a date
- Choose a time
- Complete tester information
- Pay for exam
- Print receipt
How to prepare for an exam:
- Review study guides and practice exams
- Get a good night’s rest prior to the exam
- Eat a nutritious meal prior to testing
Additional Online Resources
- Visit: The FAQs for a list of frequently asked questions regarding LA State Licensing Board for Contractors.