What is the ACCUPLACER?
ACCUPLACER determines your knowledge and give quick, accurate, and efficient assessments in reading comprehension, sentence skills, and elementary mathematic skills. The results are used by academic advisors to place you into a college level courses.
What You Need to Know:
- Any student (new, returning, continuing, transfer, or visiting) can take the ACCUPLACER up to 3 times within a calendar year from the original test date.
- ACCUPLACER is a computer based placement test.
- Not a pass or fail test.
- Is not timed; total time varies for each student.
- Scores are available immediately after testing.
- Request for special accommodations for testing must be submitted to Disability Service two weeks prior to testing.
- ACCUPLACER test scores are valid for 3 years from the original test date.
What You Need to Bring:
- Your pictured ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Money for testing fee ($15.00 for all sections, $5.00 each individual section). Testing fees are non-refundable.
Preparing For the ACCUPLACER:
The Offical ACCUPLACER Study App
- Visit: https://accuplacerpractice.collegeboard.org
- Create an account
- Choose ACCUPLACER Classic Practice Test
- Click Save
- For step by step instructions click here.
Additional Online Resources
- http://www. Studyguidezone.com/accuplacertest.htm
ACCUPLACER 2017 Placement Guide
*Any student scoring 65 or higher on the Elementary Algebra test will be required to test in the College-Level Math to determine Math placement.
- Test # 1; if unsuccessful, then wait 7 days from original test date
- Test # 2; if unsuccessful, must wait 30 days from original test date
- Test # 3; if unsuccessful must take a remedial class before re-testing. If unsuccessful after all 3; must wait a year from original test date before being allowed to re-start testing process again.
NOTE: See Test Center Hours on the SLCC TESTING webpage for dates and times of testing.