ONLINE SCHEDULE AND FEE PAYMENT IS HERE!
What is the CLEP test?
These rigorous exams allow students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds to demonstrate their mastery of introductory college-level material and earn college credit. Students can earn credit for what they already know by getting qualifying scores on any of the 33 examinations.
Registering for a CLEP Exam:
- Go to ETS
- Click sign in on the top right
- If you have an account sign in – if not then click sign up on the left
- Choose your exam
- Pay for exam
- Print admission ticket
- Choose your campus
- Select your exam, choose your date and time, pay online
What You Need to Know:
- CLEP is a computer based placement test.
- The format is multiple choice, optional essays, and listening sections depending on the type of exam.
- Is a timed test; typically 93 minutes per exam.
- Scores are available immediately after testing – with the exception of essay questions.
- Most CLEP exams require a passing score of 50 or higher.
- Request for special accommodations for testing must be submitted to Disability Service two weeks prior to testing.
- Upon passing a CLEP exam, SLCC charges $50 per credit hour to have it placed on your college transcript.
- You may not repeat an exam of the same title within three months of the initial testing date.
What You Need to Bring:
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Your ticket from College Board for the selected CLEP exam.
- Testing fees are non-refundable and must present receipt prior to testing.
How to Prepare for a CLEP Exam:
- Review study guides and practice exams
- Get a good night’s rest prior to the exam
- Eat a nutritious meal prior to testing
Additional Online Resources